When it comes to making office space-efficient and productive, you need to add some equipment that will help. One of the important office machinery is printers.
If you deal with any kind of documentation or design, you will definitely need printers. If you happen to own Linux systems in your office, it is highly essential to look for Linux printers that can suit your requirements.
To make your search further easier, we have aligned you with a list of 8 best Linux printers that you can think about.
Top 8 Best Printers for Linux
1. Brother Compact Monochrome
If you are looking for easy to use and tech-oriented printers that are ideal for office use, you can simply turn to this Brother Compact printer.
It is highly compatible with Linux computers. It is a monochrome laser printer that is engineered for convenience and comfort use.
It also allows cloud-based printing and scanning. This Brother product also supports wireless printing to make your job easier. The 2.7” touchscreen operating system will enable you to give easy commands to the printer and get the job done with ease.
It is mostly preferred by workspaces that have Linux computers, as it is quite hard to find compatible printers.
It is the best buy for office spaces that need comfortable and convenient printing at affordable prices.
- A Linux printer that is designed to bring convenience to printing jobs.
- Wireless printing and scanning for an effortless job.
- Great mobile computability. Works well with AirPrint, Brother iPrint, Google Cloud Print 2.0, Scan, Cortado Workplace, Mopria.
- Completely optimized for better efficiency and allows you to print 36 pages per minute.
- Promotes high quality and faster prints with a capacity of 250 sheet paper. You don’t have to keep refilling your tray.
- Offers you cloud-based printing and scanning. You can use Cloud services through the touchscreen, including Google Drive, Dropbox, OneNote, Evernote, and many more.
2. HP DeskJet 3755 Compact All-In-One Wireless Printer
A next-gen office printer that knows precisely what you want. Before moving ahead with the intricate features of these products, let’s discuss the standard specifications that you will get.
It is a compact printer that facilitates wireless copying, scanning, and printing. You can use AirPrint and Instant Ink to operate the printer.
Having the HP Smart app will allow you to get the power of the printer in your palms. With the app, you can easily give commands to the product.
It is also a cloud-based printer that will enable you to print through your smartphone, iCloud, Dropbox, and GoogleDrive.
Another exciting factor is that it makes you fall in love with it because you will get the ink delivered for the first 2 months. The LCD display makes the functionality of the printer even easier for you.
- A highly compact printer that facilitates easy and convenient.
- Wireless functionality allowing you to print, copy, scan from anywhere.
- HP Smart App will make it easier to print from your smartphone, Dropbox, iCloud, And Google Drive.
- For the first two months, ink is free with the subscription of HP Instant Ink. Plans start from $0.99 per month after the trial period.
- The LCD display with seven segments plus an HP Scroll Scan allows you to handle your printing and scanning jobs easier.
- You will also get a one-year hardware warranty with the product. Additionally, you will get web support round the clock.
3. HP LaserJet Pro M15W Wireless Laser Printer
Combining convenience and cutting-edge technology, this Linux printer is a versatile item that you must have in your office space.
It is a compact printer that has also got the tag of the world’s smallest laser printer. To be precise, it is 35% smaller than its predecessor and delivers high-quality prints.
With the HP LaserJet Prom M15w, you can experience fast printing. It is a wireless monochrome laser printer that gives you 19 pages per minute.
You can also download the HP Smart App to maneuver the printer. Being a cloud-based printer, you can also enjoy easy printing iCloud, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
You can always count on wireless connectivity. The printer comes with a built-in wireless system allowing you to print from any corner of the room. High-quality prints are guaranteed when you use this HP marvel.
Another HP advantage that you get from the support team is Dash Replenishment during the activation.
- A compact and efficient printer for office use. 35% smaller than the previous version.
- Fast printing with the HP LaserJet Pro M15w. It is a wireless monochrome giving prints up to 29 pages.
- HP Smart App is the mobile printing app that allows you to print through devices.
- Cloud-based printer supported with Google Drive, Dropbox, and iCloud.
- High-quality prints at the lowest price from the HP.
- Auto measurement of toner and Dash Replenishment during the activation.
- Efficient and straightforward design measuring 13.6” w × 7.7’d × 6.3” h.
- Auto on/off technology for energy efficiency.
- Get a one-year hardware warranty and round the clock customer support.
4. HP ENVY Photo 7155 All In One Photo Printer
Another HP marvel on the list is this all-in-one printer that is ideally preferred for vibrant pictures. If your office is regularly dealing with graphic designing and printing, it is a must-have computer peripheral for you.
Get stunning and chromatic photos that cost you less than 5 cents. Scan, print, and copy with borderless and wireless printing.
This HP printer comes with an SD card slot and in-built HP Instant Ink (subscription needed) to provide you the best-in-class photos.
Make printing easy with the help of mobile printing via AirPrint or Wireless Direct Printing. You can also download the HP Smart app that lets you print from any corner of the room.
Another major takeaway of this printer is that you can print your copies in different layouts and sizes like 4×5, 4×6, 5×7, 8×10, etc. You will also get one hardware warranty with 24/7 HP customer support.
Once you get hands-on with this excellent printer, you will never want to give it up for anything.
- Ideal for companies dealing in designing and photos.
- Print, copy, scan borderless photographs are less than 5 cents.
- Enjoy mobile printing with the help of the HP Smart App. AirPrint, or Wireless Direct printing.
- Avail HP Instant Ink subscription free for the first two months, and plans start from $0.99 per month after the free trial.
- It comes with an SD card slot to print from your stored data directly.
- Prints in different paper sizes including, 4×5 in, 4×6 in, 5×7 in, 8×10.
- One year hardware warranty and 24/7 customer support from HP.
5. HP Color LaserJet Pro Multifunction M479d1
The ideal LaserJet printer meant for businesses who are looking to steer forward in terms of productivity is this HP Color LaserJet Pro printer.
You can create high-quality documents at a lesser cost. It is the best way to keep your office work upkeep and efficient. Wireless printing will allow you to print in convenience and comfort.
You don’t have to worry about the security as well, as it comes with embedded security features, including instant threat notifications and PIN/Pull Printing. It simply protects your printer from being the first point of the security breach.
The printer will also allow you to automate the tasks and make things easier for you. You can simply command the printer to do all the steps and save the settings.
There is a touchscreen control panel that will do the rest for you. The printer comes with an in-built Wi-Fi system allowing you to connect your mobile devices.
- The best office printer to make your task easier.
- Embedded security features to protect your printer from being the first point of attack.
- Automated workflow to save your time and make your tasks easier.
- Built-in Wi-Fi for easy printing without a local network connection.
- Allows two-sided scanning, 250 sheet input tray, and 50 sheet document feeders.
- Prints at a speed of 28 pages per minute.
- It saves up to 18% energy compared to the previous version making it an energy-efficient printer in this line.
- One-year onsite warranty along with round the clock customer support.
6. Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome Laser Printer With Duplex Printing
A printer that you have always dreamt about is right here. Printing up to 27 pages per minute, this Brother marvel is an automatic duplex printer. The printer comes with a 250-sheet capacity tray that can be mounted with A4 sheets.
You can print 2 sided pages with a standard print speed of 26 ppm. The printer is compatible with Windows and Linux desktops, so it is the best addition to your office equipment.
It also gives you a USB connection of USB 2.0 Interface that you can utilize to print data from your USB storage; you don’t have to add any USD cable for that.
Through USB, you can print 10,000 pages. You don’t have to worry about the print quality as it gives you sharp print with 2400×600 dpi resolution.
The only drawback that you can pinpoint in this printer is that it doesn’t support Wi-Fi. However, it can be rightly compensated with the help of a USB connection.
- An automatic duplex printer that allows A4 2 sided prints.
- The printer is compatible with Windows and Linux systems.
- You will get a one-year limited warranty with free phone support for a lifetime.
- It comes with a USB connection with a high-speed USB 2.0 Interface making your printing job much easier.
- The recommended monthly print volume ranges from 250 to 2000.
- Facilitates sharp prints with the help of 2400×600 dpi resolution.
7. Canon TR8520 All-In-One Printer
A Canon product that cannot miss from this list is this amazing home and office printer. It is the ideal printer to meet your diverse printing requirements. From printing colored photos to documents, this printer can do it all.
If you want to make your prints look, this Canon printer can help you. It comes with a 5-color ink system that makes your documents and photos more vibrant.
To make the printing process easier, you connect your smartphones, tablets, and other connectivity devices to print on the go.
This Pxima Tr8520 ideally fits in with your office and home printing needs. You can use this to create stunning prints as it has a resolution of 4800×1200 dpi that is quite impressive in this range.
There is a 4.3 inch LCD touchscreen along with a memory card slot. This Canon product will make your scanning, printing, copying, and faxing quicker than ever.
It has a whopping memory capacity of 250 pages with a speed of 33.6 kbps.
- It is a perfect office and home printer that will let you do all your printing work with ease.
- The printer is easy to connect with smartphones to make your printing job quicker. Use Bluetooth, Cloud4, or Socialmedia3 on the go.
- It is a wireless office and home printer that will offer you stunning prints.
- It comes with an outstanding printing quality of 4800×1200 dpi.
- The intuitive LCD display will best help you use multiple features of the printer.
- With a whopping memory capacity of 250 pages and a speed of 33.6 kbps, this makes the perfect printer for you.
8. HP OfficeJet 250 All-inOne Portable Printer
Everyone loves to have the efficiency of porting their thing to wherever they want and whenever they want. What if you can port your printers as well? Yes, this HP OfficeJet is a portable surprise that you will not want to miss.
It is a portable printer that you can bring anywhere you want. Print through your laptops or mobile devices to make things clutter-free. No wires and chords to attach. This printer is entirely wireless.
It comes with a 2.65” color touchscreen with features like an auto document feeder and more. Use your HP ePrint app to connect your smartphone and other smart devices with your printer to print on the go.
It is a compact printer that you can easily carry in your backpack. With a long-lasting battery, you don’t have to worry about charging interruptions anymore.
It takes about 90 minutes to charge the printer in AC power fully. The 2.5” touchscreen is meant to make your printing task much more comfortable.
- Compact and portable charger to print high-quality paper on the go.
- You can print pages using HP ePrint and connect it with Bluetooth smart technology and Wi-Fi direct.
- It works best with HP62 and HP 62XL cartridges. The original HP ink will print up to 2X the pages.
- Comes with a 2.65” color touchscreen allowing you to print, scan, copy, and fax.
- Print pages in different sizes (3×4, 4×6, 5×8, 8×10)
- Comes with a year warranty and HP technical support round the clock.
- It also has a 10-page automatic document feeder that is extremely helpful for prints on the go.
What To Look For In a Linux Printer?
Printers for Linux are popular in the market; you just need to make the right choice by considering a few essential factors. Here are a few critical factors to consider-:
- Determine Your Purpose
Before planning to buy a new Linux printer, you need to determine your purpose.
Today Linux printers are specifically designed with advanced and customizable features.
- Go For Color Printers
It is often said that color printers work best for Linux printers. You can use black and white printers for documentation purposes, but color printers are preferably better.
- Set Your Budget
Linux printers come in different price ranges. You need to set a budget for your Linux printer and make sure to search for options within the range.
For instance, black and white printers are a lot cheaper than colored ones. So, you need to prioritize your budget before anything.
- Pick Compact And Space Efficient
An important factor to consider while buying any printer is to check its space efficiency.
Linux printers are good for both office and home, so you must be looking for a compact printer that will fit into your spaces.
- Pages Limit
You cannot buy a printer that has lesser page capacity. It is important to check the monthly page limit of the printer.
It would not be feasible to buy a printer with less than 100 pages per month. So, always look for above the limit of 100 pages per month.
- Operating System Compatibility
Generally, the Linux operating system does not work best with PCs and Macs, so it would be best to search for good with Linux.
It is an essential step as it ensures that your Linux printer is compatible to work with.
- Wireless Compatibility
Today almost every printer is wireless, and you would want your product to be easier to handle and operate.
Wireless printers allow you to make the printing job quicker and efficient. So, it is always better to prefer wireless printers.
- Original Cartridge
Cartridge quality also makes a big difference to the quality of your prints.
If you want stunning prints, you must go to the company’s original cartridge instead of buying additional. Make sure the brand has an original cartridge to offer you.
What Printers Are Compatible With Linux?
The above-mentioned list of products rightly mentions the best Linux printers for you. However, here’s also a list of best Linux printers you can consider-:
- Brother HL-L2350DW: Compact Laser Printer with Wireless.
- Canon Color Image CLASS LBP622Cdw: Wireless, Mobile Ready, Duplex Laser Printer, Compact Size
- Lexmark B3442dw: Monochrome Laser Printer with Full-Spectrum Security
- HP ENVY 6055: Wireless All-in-One Printer
- HP DeskJet Plus 4155: Wireless All-in-One Printer
Do HP Printers Work With Linux?
There are plenty of HP printers that are compatible with Linux. Some of the best range of HP printers for Linux are-:
- HP DeskJet 2755
- HP DeskJet Plus 4155
- HP OfficeJet 5255
- HP OfficeJet 5260
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8035
- HP OfficeJet Pro 9015
- HP ENVY 6055
- HP ENVY Pro 6455
- HP Color LaserJet Pro M182nw
- HP Color LaserJet Pro M283fdw
Do Canon Printers Work With Linux?
Yes, many Canon printers are good to work with Linux printers. You just need to find the right product. Here are a few products you can rely on-:
- Canon imageCLASS MF232w: Mono Laser 3 in 1, Wi-Fi Direct, Mobile Ready Printer
- Canon Pixma MG3620: Wireless All-In-One Color Inkjet Printer with Mobile and Tablet Printing
- Canon Color Image CLASS LBP622Cdw: Wireless, Mobile Ready, Duplex Laser Printer, Compact Size
The Bottom Line
Having printers in your office is extremely important to meet those instant printing, scanning, and copying needs. Today, there is an abundance of options available in the market.
You need to narrow down your search by prioritizing your requirements. For instance, if you are looking for Linux printers, you must steer your search towards it.
In this Linux printers guide, we have covered all the important information you need regarding Linux printers.
1 thought on “Best Printer for Linux: Recommended in 2022”
There is no driver to download for a Canon MG3620 – does the Linux OS need one?